Carroll D. Killingsworth

Inherent Strengths emerge when a child's
INTEREST is discovered.
Carroll D. Killingsworth

  A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring
the pupil is hammering on a cold iron.  Mann
 

 


Famous people with learning disabilities:
Henry Ford
Alexander Graham Bell
F.W. Woolworth

University Professors

Classroom Teachers




Model One: Recognizing Special Strengths
Model Two: Rebel Outlaws in Class
Model Three: Masters of Motivation
Model Four: Power Of Writing


Good Teachers - Success Secrets
Ten Secrets to Success
Slow Learners with Inherent Strengths
TOP TEN ­ Rewards of Teaching

 

Order the BOOK: Gifts of All Children

Polling Parents and Educators:
Would you apply the Special Strengths
principals to your professional growth?
Email me.


 


Model Four: Power of WRITING

Students who score high on language and math tests are endowed in WRITING in the official school district records as "Gifted". This WRITTEN communication is given to 5 percent of students. This recognition of their special strengths motivates these students to work hard, do a good job and be responsible. The other 95 percent of students are not officially recognized.

Teacher asks students to look around the room and write down two or three special strengths seen in fellow students (no names). Teacher collects lists displays the wide range of special strengths


Now, teacher asks students to write down two or three special strengths or interests seen in SELF. (Teacher assures confidentiality) Each student signs name and gives list to teacher.


Teacher encourages students to use each one's special strengths in school work and home work. Teacher regularly recognizes and comments on students' special strengths.

 

ATTENTION TEACHERS:  You may print out and copy these articles to share with teachers. Printable Page.